Hagerty Insurance

General discussion forum. Moderated. Keep it clean and nice folks.
Otto Skorzeny
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Hagerty Insurance

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:43 pm

I know a lot of you have your collector cars insured with other companies like Grundy, JC Taylor, American Classic, etc.

I insured all my cars with Hagerty because it was the name I was most familiar with. I'd heard good things about them. I'd heard third hand about how easy they were to deal with during a claim. And I knew that Jay Leno insures his collection with them.

For those reasons I didn't bother getting competing bids from other companies. I signed up straight away with Hagerty.

As you can see, it worked out well for me. The car burned Monday afternoon and by Friday afternoon I had confirmation that the claim was settled for total agreed value.

If your insurance is up for renewal with another company, I'd strongly urge you to get a competing quote from Hagerty and consider switching.

If it makes a difference to you, it should be pointed out that Hagerty is not an insurance company but rather an insurance agency. Their policies are underwritten by actual insurance companies but Hagerty handles all of the claims with its own in-house staff of adjusters.

You don't want to wait for a total loss scenario to find out whether your antique car insurer/agency will treat you properly.

Hwy78Cruiser
TOA Membership Number: 1373
Years Owned: 1966

Re: Hagerty Insurance

Postby Hwy78Cruiser » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:10 pm

Otto; I agree with your recommendation of Hagerty, they are treating me well with a tricky damage claim.

However, MUCH bigger than that, what car burned? Please don't say your '66 Toro !!!

Ohhhh, I just read of your Toro fire, I am devastated for you Otto, damn!!!

If/when you get things settled in your head, I have a question about the front bumpers (the rubber fillers) that you may still be able to answer.

V/R,

Otto Skorzeny

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:09 am

Hi, Thanks

It totally sucks. In a way I'm glad that it's a total loss. If the car were just severely damaged, I'd still be a nervous wreck and stressed out worrying about who would do the repairs, etc. As it is, I can just move on.

Ask me whatever you want about the fillers. If you need some, the ones on my front and rear bumpers are perfect. I also have a couple of spares (not a full set for front and back).

I posted a link in the parts section with the company that will be auctioning my car. It has a lot of valuable, hard to find parts on it.

Hwy78Cruiser

Postby Hwy78Cruiser » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:40 am

I have new front bumper fillers, and newly re-chromed bumpers. I just can't figure out where/how the fillers go in? My Product Manual shows how for the rear fillers, but not the fronts. I can't locate a "natural fit". If you send pictures it would be hugely appreciated.

Mark

Otto Skorzeny

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:25 am

Unfortunately the car is at an auction yard and no longer in my possession.

I have a front bumper end and a couple rubber inserts. I'll see if they're for the same side and try to show you how they go together.

I know the rubber is right up at the top of the bumper ends. They are glued with black weatherstrip adhesive to the inside of the bumper.

NicolasB
Years Owned: 1969 Oldsmobile Toronado

Postby NicolasB » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:42 am

Hey Otto,

After this whole situation, are you planning on buying another Toronado in the future?

Otto Skorzeny

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:05 am

I'm not sure. I'd like another '66 Toro but I don't know if I'll be able to find one I like as much as this one. I think it would have to be painted Dubonnet if I get one. I don't think there's a prettier color for these cars than that.

Hwy78Cruiser

Postby Hwy78Cruiser » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:46 am

Bumper fillers: yes, I think I see how the vee shaped one fits into the uppermost part of the bumper ends, but I couldn't figure anywhere lower down for the other one, the "lower bumper filler" as sold by Fusick. If you think/can confirm it is up toward the top also that might help me figure out this next puzzle (thanks Dad!!, I got the car from him when he passed).

Best,

roland
TOA Membership Number: 860
Years Owned: 1967 Oldsmobile Toronado DeLuxe
1970 Ford LTD Country Squire 429

Postby roland » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:27 am

They are glued with black weatherstrip adhesive to the inside of the bumper.

That´s not correct, Otto. The fillers are screwed and glued at the fenders. First V-rubber (BF66EUF) is to clip inside the upper fender tip, next the short curved (BF66ELF) and last the longest one (BF66ER) all screwed together with the chrome trim at the front of fender. You can not mount em without front bumper down.
Rear bumper has no filler (Fusick BF66ER has a wrong information at this).

"Hagerty Insurance" would be a OT place for this information, I guess. :roll:
Roland TOA#860

roland
TOA Membership Number: 860
Years Owned: 1967 Oldsmobile Toronado DeLuxe
1970 Ford LTD Country Squire 429

Postby roland » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:19 am

Sorry I am wrong !

You should read:
The fillers are screwed and glued at the fenders. First V-rubber (12) (Fusick BF66EUF) is to clip inside the upper fender tip, next the short curved (14) (Fusick BF66ELF) all screwed together with the chrome trim at the front of fender. You can not mount em without front bumper down.

My information to rear bumper filler (15) was wrong!
Roland TOA#860

Return to “General Talk”