Help Finding my lost 1968 Toronado!

Introduce yourself and your car(s) here!
KenDude
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1968

Help Finding my lost 1968 Toronado!

Postby KenDude » Wed May 01, 2013 8:13 am

I first acquired a 1968 Toronado back in 1981 and drove it during high school (rebuilt the motor in high school) and during college. Due to a funds shortage I had to sell the car in college and sold it to a car collector in Columbus Ohio in 1988. About 10 years later circa 1997-8 I called the car collector and asked him about the car. He said he had traded it to a guy who came through town doing odd jobs as a form of payment for the work the guy did on his house. That's the last I know of what happened to the car.

I have searched my boxes of old papers and cannot find anything with the VIN# on it. I even called my old insurance company and they no longer had records with the VIN# for the car either. I think I advertised the car for sale in the Oldsmobile Club of America newsletter (was paper back then) Anyone know if someone has old Olds club newsletters online and maybe my old ad has the VIN#? Just a thought.

Anyway, trying to track down the car, would like to buy it back!

The car was originally seamist green with a black vinyl top and a tan'ish interior. I repainted the car in college a newer oldsmobile color called autumn firemist maple poly. I would recognize the car if I saw it again as there are some details that would be unique to the car.

If anyone has seen this car please let me know.

If anyone has any good suggestions as to how to find out the VIN# or track down the car, again, please let me know!

Return to “Introductions”