New Memeber 67 Toronado In Florida

Introduce yourself and your car(s) here!
ydennekkram
TOA Membership Number: 1099
Years Owned: 1967 Toronado

New Memeber 67 Toronado In Florida

Postby ydennekkram » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:45 pm

Hello all,

I have been a proud owner of a 1967 Toronado for nearly 30 years now. I bought the car in Alberta, Canada the car was imported from the US but I'm not sure by who, as best I can tell I'm the third owner. When I bought the car it ran great but blew blue smoke out the tail pipes when you pulled away from stops, I had the top of the engine rebuilt back in 1986. The shop who did the work made some fundamental errors when they did the work and me being young and dumb didn’t realize how much those errors would bother me in later years. They painted the engine gold and they replaced the original carburetor with a different Rochester model, at the time I didn’t care, I did care a few years later when I realized just how special these cars are. I drove the car from Alberta to Ontario in 1986 where it has been ever since. The car has original paint and interior, has been garage stored for as long as I’ve owned it and over the years has been part of many fond memories with the family.
I decided last year that I wanted to breathe some new life into the old girl so we had the mechanical side of the car worked over. The engine was totally rebuilt, brakes done over, front end replaced, new CV joints and boots, new shocks all round, nearly everything except the transmission and final drive. My wife and I have bought a place in Florida and drove the car from Ontario to Florida this past November. It was a real joy to drive, we had a great time and it’s great to see the car sitting in the carport every day. There are still lots of things left to do to get the car where I want it to be, major things are paint, chrome and interior but it’s a solid, rust free car and we can’t wait to get it back to like new condition. I look forward to perhaps meeting some of you members at a meet in the future, I also look forward to helping where I can and getting help when I need it.
Cheers, Mark

November.jpg
November.jpg (132.07 KiB) Viewed 8147 times
Engine Installed Right 2 V2.jpeg
Rebuilt engine
Engine Installed Right 2 V2.jpeg (242.88 KiB) Viewed 8147 times
Attachments
Engine Installed Center V2.jpeg
Engine Installed Center V2.jpeg (73.47 KiB) Viewed 8147 times
Mark

TOA#1099

ydennekkram
TOA Membership Number: 1099
Years Owned: 1967 Toronado

Re: New Memeber 67 Toronado In Florida

Postby ydennekkram » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:31 am

Here is a picture of my cowl tag for those interested in such things.
Cowl Tag V2.jpg
Cowl Tag V2.jpg (119.5 KiB) Viewed 8141 times
Mark

TOA#1099

Doc Hubler
TOA Membership Number: 992
Years Owned: 1967

Re: New Memeber 67 Toronado In Florida

Postby Doc Hubler » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:48 pm

Mark,

This tells me your car's body was produced in the third week of February 1967, being number 15,168th produced.

The exterior paint is Sauterne, a color exclusive to Toronado that year. The interior was all Morocceen Strato-Bench seats, Champagne with Dark Gold carpet.

I'm not sure what the "L" at the very top signifies; same for the "J" after the Trim number 084 (that signifies interior color and seat type).

Others can help with the rest of the optional list from the body tag, but here's the ones I'm pretty sure about.

EXYSM (Group 1) E = All tinted windows; X = Power Windows. Not sure about Y,S,M. One of those is probably tilt/telescope steering wheel and cornering lamps. Another may be the vacuum trunk release. I don't think the disc brakes are denoted on this body tag as that was installed outside of the body plant, I'm guessing. Rear seat Speaker?
Group 2, E = A/C
Group 3, P = Power door locks. My guess on this, don't know for sure but you have that option
Group 4 not applicable
Group 5, Y = Deluxe Seat belts

Others please correct what I have wrong here!

Return to “Introductions”