Just took the plunge!

Introduce yourself and your car(s) here!
Doc Hubler
TOA Membership Number: 992
Years Owned: 1967

Re: Just took the plunge!

Postby Doc Hubler » Mon May 06, 2013 9:56 pm

One more thing, I went back and looked at my car for grins. The Alternator has switched sides. Your car shows the AC compressor mounted up higher and the Alt on the driver side. Not saying that is wrong, but don't know if it's right either. It isn't right for 67.

I have almost rebuilt the power steering gear. Not to bad, but just generally a pain to deal with. Got the major rebuild kit. Already rebuilt the PS Pump, mounted on Driver side at front of engine. Not too bad. I've gone through the starter and my Alt was new. About the only mechanical component there left to go through is the AC compressor. I got my axle seals for the Differential/Final Drive, and the half-shafts/CV boots have all been rebuilt. She should stop bleeding all over the floor now!

Tim
Attachments
Toro engine small.jpg
Toro engine small.jpg (93.08 KiB) Viewed 7205 times

Jamin1968
TOA Membership Number: 893
Years Owned: 1969 Toronado. Bought in fall 2010.

Re: Just took the plunge!

Postby Jamin1968 » Tue May 07, 2013 6:01 am

Tim

Thanks for the info. It does have a top, it's a light/medium blue. There's some left on the passenger side roof, but it's pretty faded. Is it just me or did GM not finish roofs on cars that were to have vinyl tops? It's pretty rough under there - I remember my old '74 Cutlass, similar underneath.

As far as where everything goes, the engine was supposedly rebuilt before I bought it, so I'm guessing everything was put in its proper place, but after seeing the wonderful wiring job they did, it wouldn't suprise me ...

Love the pics of your car - Again, what a project! Post more - I'd love to see your progression as well!

On a side note, a friend is redoing a '67 Chevelle. He was looking at the pictures here, said, wow, that has some great lines to it, what a mean front end. Not a convert, but a good compliment nonetheless! Don't think I would trade him though!

Return to “Introductions”