Introduce yourself and your car(s) here!
Doc Hubler
TOA Membership Number: 992
Years Owned: 1967

Postby Doc Hubler » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi folks! New member here. i have a 1967 Toro which I purchased from the original owner in 1999. It is currently undergoing a complete restoration (as is my wallet!).

I had known this car since I was quite young, and so I just was interested in it without knowing much about it. Turns out it is a high option car, and I'd like members to chime in and give me any info they can share about these options.

Bucket Seats with Center Console (I know the 1966 is very rare 50-55 so ordered).
Factory 8 track tape player
Cruise Control
Comfortron
Rear Defroster
K-50 Climatic Combustion Control

I will need help finding some parts for some of the rare pieces that are missing. The car was in relatively good shape, but was deteriorating rapidly. It had the vinyl roof disease and I had to get a parts car and replace the roof. I have restored and added a Wonderbar radio which it did not have (just the AM radio).

This car was originally Florentine Gold (Z paint code, a Toro only color). But I'm just not a fan of the late 60s/early 70s infatuation with a green gold. However, the standard Olds G code Gold color for 67 is awesome, and that's how it is going back.
Attachments
Toronado1967_2.jpg
Toronado1967_2.jpg (208.73 KiB) Viewed 18436 times

Twilight Fenrir
TOA Membership Number: 839
Years Owned: 1982 Chevrolet El Camino
1986 Pontiac Fiero
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado

Re: New member

Postby Twilight Fenrir » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:14 pm

Okay... I'm not an expert by any means... But I don't believe there was a factory optioned 8-track was there? O.o This is the first I've ever heard of it at least... But, then, I'm more knowledgeable on the '66 than what changed for '67... I thought it was mostly just small changes...
TOA #839

69W34

Postby 69W34 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:02 pm

67 Option list ... the 8 tracks player was on that list though it left a lot to be desired in the way of appearance/location that changed in 68. As it is the 67 option information is available, giving us the total number of any given option ordered. The term (penetration) is often used when referring to these numbers. There was a surprises or two in the way of previously unknown 67 options unfortunately to date there is no way to ID those options. (more in the way of how they were marked and or what to look for).
Bill
TOA #1

Doc Hubler

Postby Doc Hubler » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Thanks Bill! I'm very interested in any info you can help provide. I also had posted another question about a 68 Toro with bucket seats and center shift console in the other forum.

Tim

69W34

Postby 69W34 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:46 pm

67 Options: The option information we have is limited to volume only as in total number or (penetration) of a given option, and no way to determine what any 'specific' car got in the way of options that. As for a paper trail the 3 most valuable items for a Toro in ascending order are: Protect-o-plate, Window Sticker and Built / Broadcast sheet. The last being very rare, they are out there and it appears that in ever case it (built sheet) was provided to the original buyer with the original paper work and that paper work had managed to stay with the car and if applicable its subsequent buyers.
Bill
TOA #1

Doc Hubler

Postby Doc Hubler » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:33 pm

Bill,

Thanks again. I do have the Protecto-Plate. The original owner was a lawyer and he and his wife loved this car from the day they purchased it. His sons weren't interested in keeping it, so I obtained it; it had deteriorated quite a bit (primarily the vinyl roof rust problem) after sitting outside for a number of years. At any rate, I do know its provenance very clearly. The build sheets for Oldsmobiles are quite rare to find from what I understand and there wasn't one with this car when I got it; I did come across one stuffed in the back of the seat of a 1966 Chevy PU recently. As far as window stickers, I can't remember what year that started, but didn't get one for this car.

From the trim tag on the cowl, the following info is available. I don't know what all these codes mean, but do know a few of them.

11D (manufactured 4th week of November 1966)
67-39687 EUC 10325 BODY (1967, Oldsmobile, Custom, Lansing, MI, Body sn)

090-R Z2 PAINT (Strato-Bucket Seats, Black Morrocean vinyl/cloth Florentine Gold exterior with black vinyl roof)

Here's where things get confusing since I don't know the codes, but there are more numbers here then any other Toros I've seen. Usually they don't go past number group 3.

EXTS 2 KGR 3BP
4F 5Y

Here's what I had found that others decoded; don't know if it's correct.

E = Safety Tinted Glass
X = Power windows
T = Cruise Control?
S = Power Trunk Release

K = Comfortron
G = Center Console
R = Rear Seat Speaker

B = Rear Window Defroster
P = Tilt/Telescope Steering Wheel

F = Outside Remote Operated Rearview Mirror

Y = Deluxe Seat Belts?

This car also has the power antenna, 8-Track tape player, black pinstriping on the exterior, Climatic Combustion Control (K-50 option), Deluxe Wheel Covers, Headrests, and Cornering lamps. I'm sure there are some packages, and the wheel covers, and possibly CCC wouldn't show up on this tag as those could be added whenever the owner wished to do so at the dealership. If you have anymore info here, that would be great.

When we took the heater box off the firewall, there was a chalk mark on there that looked as though it reads "S 66", whatever that means. (possibly the body was assembled by Fisher in Sept 1966 and shipped to the Lansing plant for assembly?)

Doc Hubler

slim odds

Postby Doc Hubler » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:53 pm

Just was thinking about the odds of this. I was visiting family in Caldwell, ID this past weekend, and in talking with my sister as I was leaving (I was in the car parked in front of her house), she was asking me about my 1967 Olds Toro project. As I was talking with her about this, a 1967 Toronado (blue) drove by. I waved and the folks in the Toro waved back. I just thought the odds were rather slim for this to occur anymore, especially given the scarcity of cars produced that year. Are there any 1967 Toros in the Caldwell/Boise area that people are aware of?

69W34

Postby 69W34 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:01 am

Tim
Your close on these codes however the body plate is part and parcel of what Fisher body controls which is the Body related from the front seat rearward. The bodies were built in Euclid Ohio hence the EUC followed by its (the body) production number.

Olds final assembily in Lansing controls chassis and options /wiring /etc dash and forward. This would include T/T column and cruise, since both the 'T' and 'P' are on the fisher plate their body related, the 'T' is 4 way power bucket seat and the 'P' is door lights, visor mirror, trunk light etc.

Once again the trim code reflect bucket seats 090 with the xx0 being black and R indicating bucket seats w/ head rests & passenger recliner.
Bill
TOA #1

chal4oye
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 2

Postby chal4oye » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:56 pm

Climatic Combustion Control (K-50 option), Deluxe Wheel Covers, Headrests, and Cornering lamps. I'm sure there are some packages, and the wheel covers, and possibly CCC wouldn't show up on this tag as those could be added whenever the owner wished to do so at the dealership. If you have anymore info here, that would be great.
Worried about pass4sure security+ exam & HP network+ preparation? We offer up-to-dated University of Cambridge practice questions and wikipedia dumps with 100% exam pass guarantee.

Return to “Introductions”