1988 Toronado Trofeo

List Toronados for sale here.
theschramm
TOA Membership Number: 0

1988 Toronado Trofeo

Postby theschramm » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:55 am

Unfortunately have to sell my 1988 Toronado Trofeo. It was my daily driver for the last few years, but has had a few things go wrong this year, and with me not being mechanically inclined, I just can't afford to fix it.

Pros: Engine runs great, transmission is fine. Tires are new within last couple years, new brake lines, new battery last year. AC works fine. No major dings or scratches. 110k miles.

Cons: Two broken strut rods on the front axle - estimate cost of repair was $1400 at the shop (largely because of the high cost of shipping parts in from the east coast). This basically means the body of the vehicle will shift forward when braking and rub against the front tires. Plastic piece that holds the fuel door shut is broken. Tape deck doesn't work. Occasionally the dash display or radio will take 5-10 minutes to turn on after starting the car. Front headlight covers have come off. The decorative pieces on the rear exhaust pipes have fallen off.

I don't have the heart to scrap it. With the broken strut rods, it's not really safe to drive very far. Located in northern Indiana.

Return to “For Sale: Toronados”