Interior fabrics and such

This category includes instruments, radio, window roll up hardware, latches, seat tracks, fabric and vinyl yardage, interior paint and dye, armrest, interior electrical switches, bulbs and lenses.
xgecko
TOA Membership Number: 831
Years Owned: My first Toronado was a 1968 W-34 with the bucket seats and center console... (weeps gently) It was a New England rustbucket in 1982 after less than 14 years. So sad. But it is what infected me and before I knew it I had another '68, a '69, a '70 and eventually inherited a friend's '67 and another friends '73. After buying my brand new Grand Prix in 1988 I retired the last of my Toronados and pulled the 455 I had rebuilt along the way and put it into storage in a friend's barn where it is to this day.
In Mid September of 2010 I happened to see a repeat of the show where Jay Leno did his 66 Toronado and had an instant remission of the disease which resulted in my purchase of a 1969 in very good condition. I am now in the process of fully rehabilitating it and hope to have it on the road in the spring of 2011.

Interior fabrics and such

Postby xgecko » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:46 pm

I saw this site on a post by another inmate of this forum and thought it would be good to have here. I just got off the phone with Chuck from SMS Auto Fabrics and felt very good about putting them on my short list for the time when I am ready to deal with the interior. He seemed very knowledgable and willing to work with my needs - I am not going bone stock, rather, I am going to update various things such as my seats. He pointed out how practical it is to dye vinyl so I learned (confirmed) something I was wondering about just by talking with him. He knew about the 'Aztec' design prevalant in this year's interior.

http://www.smsautofabrics.com/home.php
I have my Fuel Injected Toronado. Life is good! 8-)

Return to “Interior & Trim”