Need Help wiring connections 1966 Toronado Heater system

Post your technical questions and information here.
jansV8
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado with a 425 cid V8 without airco and cruise control.

Need Help wiring connections 1966 Toronado Heater system

Postby jansV8 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:25 am

Hello,

I'm jans de Kleine from the Netherlands and the owner of a 1966 Toronado with a 425 Cid V8 engine without airco and cruise controle.
I brought the car a few weeks ago and the first problem I want to repair was the heater system, because it didn't work.
When I removed the dashboard panel there was only one wire (red) connected to the heater control(see photo).
The rest of the wire connections are not there anymore (!!!!) only a big brown wire what seems to be the power wire for the heater system.
Perhaps someone can tell mee which wire had to be connected of the heater control and resistor.
On the photo I numbered each connection.
By the way.
I all-ready have a wiring diagram.
1966 Heater system.jpg
1966 Heater system.jpg (38.78 KiB) Viewed 7183 times

Thanks anyway.

Jodyamblard
TOA Membership Number: 0

Re: Need Help wiring connections 1966 Toronado Heater system

Postby Jodyamblard » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:49 am

Hello Jens,

Apologies for the late reply - I hope you were able to figure this out.

1, 2, and 3 are part of a single connector & socket

Connection 1 is the outgoing modulated (3 - 10 VDC) from the amplifier to the transducer
Connection 2 is input from the 3 temperature sensors (they're connected in series, the last one before the amplifier is the duct sensor - so connecting the duct sensor to connection 2 will make the system operational
Connection 3 is a basic 12VDV input to the Amplifier circuit board
Connector 4 & 6 are to a single black receptacle for the 2 tabs - it switches on/off the High range relay for the High fan speed resistor
Connector 5 is for a red wire from the amplifier (this is optional and not essential, as some amplifiers don't have one) it bypasses the temperature control and sends full heat to the ducts when you slide the lever to de-ice
don't forget to ground the controller to make it operational

Best, Jody

Return to “Technical Talk”