Visual Information Center

Post your technical questions and information here.
gstevenson
TOA Membership Number: 1454
Years Owned: Have owned a 1992 Trofeo for 10 years that has been in the family since new

Visual Information Center

Postby gstevenson » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:14 pm

I am desperate for any advise on how to solve the problem of repair or replacement of the VIC in my pristine 1992 Trofeo that has been in my family since new. It has the optional phone in the counsel. After the VIC "flat lined" I had the unit removed and sent to Module Master in Idaho however they were unable to repair it. Module Master was able to repair the instrument cluster when that failed a year ago and I would highly recommend them. I would prefer to have this unit repaired as it still opens up with "This Trofeo was built especially for". It still had my fathers name who was an Oldsmobile dealer and had one of the first 1966 Toronado as a Demonstrator. Any information on the Trofeo Visual Information Center would be greatly appreciated.

Otto Skorzeny
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Re: Visual Information Center

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:30 pm

Do a search on this forum. Someone else in the last year or so posted about fixing the VIC.

I have no idea where to begin with a part like that, though.

janeg
TOA Membership Number: 42
Years Owned: 1966 Deluxe and 1992 Trofeo

Postby janeg » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:06 am

I sympathise with your problem. I found a shop that repairs CRTS (It is a Sony Trinitron). It took him a long time and he needed the electrical diagrams which are in the manual. There are a lot of connections to all the things it interfaces with. It cost about $200.
Jane G
TOA #042
Membership Director

gstevenson
TOA Membership Number: 1454
Years Owned: Have owned a 1992 Trofeo for 10 years that has been in the family since new

Postby gstevenson » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:10 pm

Thank you Jan G! I have a Manual.....any details you could provide on the shop you used would be greatly appreciated...Thanks again

Hoog
TOA Membership Number: 296

Postby Hoog » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:17 am

I was searching for a wiring harness for a CD player and came upon this site. I think I saw a VIC (operational) for sale there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/oldsmob ... adotrofeo/

Return to “Technical Talk”