Do you guys know how to disassemble the flapper doors on a non AC heater box?
I need to remove them to restore the heater box from my 69 Toro but I'm scared to make my disassembly project a disaster project.
I tried PB Blaster (a lot) and I tried heat but the hinges don't want to move. I had some success with a hammer, a brass punch and a lot of elbow oil but I'm scared of damaging it (picture 2718). I didn't find any procedures or anything else but pictures of already disassembled flappers on internet, so it should be possible! But no instructions on how to do it...
Post your technical questions and information here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:44 am
- TOA Membership Number: 1366
- Years Owned: 1969 Oldsmobile Toronado W34
1986 Oldsmobile Firenza Coupe
2004 Jaguar Vanden Plas
- IMG_2719.jpg (229.96 KiB) Viewed 7210 times
- IMG_2718.jpg (178.97 KiB) Viewed 7210 times
- IMG_2717.jpg (613.8 KiB) Viewed 7210 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests