Distributor Cap/Spark Plug Wires

Post your technical questions and information here.
NicolasB
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1969 Oldsmobile Toronado

Re: Distributor Cap/Spark Plug Wires

Postby NicolasB » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:01 pm

The hissing is coming from the check valve for the headlights. I also looked at the lines again and found no control valve anywhere. The lines that go to the switch are connected, but only the one that opens the lights is plugged in while the line that closes them is unplugged (supposed to plug into the control valve). There are no leaks in the heater or air conditioning system (they don’t work anyways), so it’s most likely coming from the headlights. Since there is no control valve anywhere (and I can’t find a replacement online), I might just go a different route and build my own electric conversion kit so I don’t have to deal with these pesky vacuum systems (unless someone has a control valve for sale, let me know haha).

roland
TOA Membership Number: 860
Years Owned: 1967 Oldsmobile Toronado DeLuxe
1970 Ford LTD Country Squire 429

Postby roland » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:28 am

Remote control valve : ask John Dorsey toroguy@msn.com. He just sold one to me 150 bucks!
Roland TOA#860

NicolasB
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1969 Oldsmobile Toronado

Postby NicolasB » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:08 am

For those who have Pertronix EI, is it good and does it last? Would I be fine with the Ignitor I or just go with the Ignitor II? Any benefits from upgrading from points, besides not having to maintain it once in a while?

Return to “Technical Talk”