Toronado hubcap Interchange

Post your technical questions and information here.
Matt15
TOA Membership Number: 0

Toronado hubcap Interchange

Postby Matt15 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:29 pm

I am wanting to know are any third generation hubcaps interchangeable with first generation. I like the look of some of the wire covers but there is nothing that I can find that fits the first generation.

I know they sell aftermarket wire wheels specifically for older fwd eldorados which could fit but the price is ridiculous. While I'm talking about eldorados, do any of the third generation eldorados hubcaps fit the first generation toronados.

So after saying all that Im basically looking for a wire hubcap that would suit my 70 toronado. Or If anyone has pics of a first generation with some sort of different hubcap please post.

appreciate the info.

Graniteman
TOA Membership Number: 70
Years Owned: Owned a '69 back in about '77, this cat was a legend in the Nebraska panhandle, it was very fast even for it's size. It would absoloutly fog the front tires from a standing start; I don't mean spin them, I mean just boil 'em from a standing start for at least 100' (measured)! I know what you're thinking, they weren't old rag tires they were modern Yokohoma radials. I'm sure this car would have ran 150mph too because many times I had the cruise set on 135 with 1/2 the gas pedal left. BTW this was in the middle of nowhere Wyoming.
I'm finally about to start work on my '66 that I've owned for 10 years. I plan to make sure my '66 425 runs just as strong as my '69 455 did. I hope to be doing some write-ups for the Driver as I go through the '66. I'll be updating it with disc brakes, electric fans (gasp), good stereo system, battery in the trunk etc., etc. as time and money allows.
I also may be building some new wheels with the correct offset, etc.

Re: Toronado hubcap Interchange

Postby Graniteman » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:42 pm

I don't know, but what comes to mind is if there is a difference in the shape of 1st gen Toro wheel; drum brake wheel vs. disc brake wheel then I would think that a 3rd gen wheel cover would be more likely to fit a 1st gen disc brake wheel.
Don't know about the if though :?
TOA # 70

Return to “Technical Talk”