'66 Leftover Parts

All parts for sale may be listed here by forum members.
Twilight Fenrir
TOA Membership Number: 839
Years Owned: 1982 Chevrolet El Camino
1986 Pontiac Fiero
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado

'66 Leftover Parts

Postby Twilight Fenrir » Wed May 29, 2019 4:51 pm

I sold my Toro a number of years ago... It's time to clean out the last few bits I have. In addition to what's pictured, I've got a brand new air cleaner aluminum "Toronado" disc somewhere... I remember being surprised when I foubd it, but I don't know what somewhere safe I put it after that... I also have an original brake booster/master cyl from when I converted to front disc, though I don't know why anyone would want that, I do still have it. Original water pump, too, not that anyone would want it.

The highlights are a brand new pair of horizontal shocks from Fusick... I remember I couldn't get the bolts off my original even with a big breaker bar, and wound up not putting them in. I'm.... Not sure what the other two shocks are doing in my pile... I think that's one one rear shock, and a steering damper, if memory serves? I've got a box with info for the one with wings, nothing for the other one.

I've also got a brand new set of brake shoes, I think they're for the rear... If someone is actually interested I'll go take a picture of the model info on the box.

The plastic jack shell seems to be in good shape.

A pair of beauty rings, each one is missing one clip, but otherwise perfectly fine.

One of the cornering light housings is in okay shape, the one on the left, I don't remember how the geometry fit the car whether it's driver or passenger side... The right one is pretty much toast.

The backup lenses are both fogged over, with cracks, probably garbage... The rear view mirror glass is all fogged over, also probably garbage. There's a new trunk weatherseal, but I know I still have this because it was cut too short by the seller, and they had to send me a new one, this is the one that's too short.

I've still got a bit of literature, should be every Front Wheel Driver from Dec. 2010 to 2014. Dog got ahold of at least one issue, though :P I also have an original 1966 Oldsmobile Catalog, I might opt to hang on to this. I don't remember why I have the yellow parts diagrams... They had some esoteric info on them or other that I needed...

I'm clearing out space, so make me an offer on anything you want... I'm also lazy, so I probably won't box up anything for less than $20 + shipping :P
TOA #839

Tuco
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado
1951 Cadillac
1957 Pontiac
1965 Impala

Re: '66 Leftover Parts

Postby Tuco » Thu May 30, 2019 5:46 am

I would be interested in the jack cover. Is that original for 66? I’ve never seen one.

How much $?

Twilight Fenrir
1986 Pontiac Fiero
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado

Postby Twilight Fenrir » Fri May 31, 2019 8:14 am

Tuco wrote:I would be interested in the jack cover. Is that original for 66? I’ve never seen one.

How much $?

Sorry for the delay, yesterday was an interesting day...

Anywho, I guess I don't really know the provinence of the jack cover, aside from that it came with my '66 Toro when I got it. It had sat in a garage for 30 years before I bought it, and someone had started to restore it at some point. There were a lot of pieces of the car in the trunk, but nothing that didn't go with it...

The cover has two tabs that wrap around the mast of the jack to hold it on, both tabs are intact.

I'd do $20 + shipping, which I'd guess would tack on another $10. It weighs almost nothing, but it's quite large.
TOA #839

Tuco
1951 Cadillac
1957 Pontiac
1965 Impala

Postby Tuco » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:37 am

PM me your address and I’ll get a check out to you for $30
Thanks.

Twilight Fenrir
1986 Pontiac Fiero
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado

Postby Twilight Fenrir » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:08 pm

PM sent
TOA #839

Willysnut1959

Postby Willysnut1959 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:19 pm

Except for jack cover, how much for everything else?
Marty, St. Louis, MO

Twilight Fenrir
1986 Pontiac Fiero
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado

Postby Twilight Fenrir » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:58 pm

Willysnut1959 wrote:Except for jack cover, how much for everything else?
Marty, St. Louis, MO

Pfff... I dunno, what are beauty rings worth these days? $50 each? I'd like to get $50 for the new shocks... I'd basically throw in everything else at that point, plus shipping, so say... $200 shipped? If I'm off on the beauty ring value, let me know and I'll adjust that figure.

That wouldn't include the air cleaner disc, as I haven't found it yet... It also wouldn't include my original '66 catalog, which I haven't decided whether or not I want to keep... If you want the brake booster, tack $10 onto that just because of the added size and weight to adjust shipping estimate.
TOA #839

Return to “For Sale: Parts”